This healthy colorful Roasted Beet Hummus with Pistachios is an impressive and delicious alternative from plain hummus.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cupsServings
- 1 pound canned chickpeas (2 cans), rinsed and drained
- 2 small-medium roasted beets, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup tahini, stirred well
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- ⅓ cup salted and roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
1. Prepare the beets by wrapping them in aluminum foil and roasting at 400°F for about 20-30 minutes, or until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
2. Place the chickpeas, garlic, beets, and kosher salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 15 to 20 seconds. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and process for another 15 to 20 seconds. Add the lemon juice and water. Process for 20 seconds. Add the tahini. Process for 20 seconds more, then scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil.
3. To serve, drizzle with olive oil and top with the chopped, roasted pistachios.
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW