I love the rustic look of whole roasted carrots. They are delicious and so simple. Try and find the heirloom carrots (did you know that all carrots used to be purple? Another article on that some day!) I make my own harissa, but you can use purchased sauce if desired. Serve the carrots hot or at room temperature with chicken, beef or fish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 dozen medium sized multi-colored carrots, tops cut off and scrubbed but not peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Jamie Geller Harissa
- 1/4 cup shelled raw pistachios, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Toss the carrots with the evoo, salt and pepper. Place the carrots on the sheet pan.
3. Roast the carrots for 15-20 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce them at the thickest point.
4 Place a small sauté pan over medium heat. Toast the pistachios in the pan until they are lightly browned.
5. Toss the cooked carrots with harissa and garnish with pistachios.