This flavorful fruit dish will kale your house snell amazing. Serve as-is or serve along with some non-dairy vanilla ice cream. Prep starts the day before, making the orange-spiced sauce for the fruit.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 star anise (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of 3 oranges
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 6 fresh fruits, such as apples, pears, peaches or nectarines, halved and pits or seeds removed
- 6 medjool dates, pits removed and halved
1. The day before, break the cinnamon into 2, split the vanilla pod and smash the star anise. Mix the spices with pepper, orange zest and juice, and honey. Cover and chill.
2. Preheat oven to 400 F.
3. Put fruits skin-side down in a 9-x 13-inch baking pan. Place dates in between fruits. Pour spiced orange sauce over the fruit and bake for 40 minutes, or until the fruit is soft and golden.
4. Serve as-is or with non-dairy vanilla ice cream and crumpled macaroons.
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sugar Content: 19 g