- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 3 cups Broccoli florets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 1/2 cups Red onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons Soybean oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt divided
- 1 1/2 cups Dry giant Israeli cous cous
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
1 Preheat oven to 425° F.
2 Toss broccoli, peppers and onions with 2 tablespoons soybean oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
3 Bake for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
4 Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions.
5 Place cooked couscous and roasted vegetables in large bowl. Pour vinegar and remaining soybean oil over salad and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper; toss lightly until combined.
6 You may substitute 3 cups cooked regular couscous, brown rice or quinoa.
Source: © 2010, Courtesy of United Soybean Board