- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb beets, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 lb carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb turnip or rutabaga, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cups California Walnut halves
- 1 tsp each coarse salt and fresh cracked pepperWalnut Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp walnut oil (or any oil)
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp each coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 Position oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven; preheat to 425°F. Whisk olive oil, thyme and rosemary in large bowl. Add sweet potatoes, beets, carrots, turnips, fennel and onions; toss to coat. Divide between two rimmed baking sheets.
2 Roast vegetables until tender and brown in spots, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes. Add walnuts to vegetables and continue to roast for 10 minutes.
3 Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle with salt and pepper. Vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together walnut oil, vinegar, orange zest, orange juice, salt, pepper and parsley.
4 Serve hot or at room temperature.
5 Arrange roasted vegetables on a large platter and drizzle with vinaigrette.
California Walnut Board