Essentially a white calzone, the ricotta makes these pizza pockets high in protein - a well-rounded dinner alongside salad. The perfect make-ahead meal -- they freeze and rewarm beautifully.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 pocketsServings
- 1 pound pizza dough (½ pizza dough recipe)
- Whole wheat flour for dusting
- ¼ cup caramelized onions, about 1 onion
- 1½ cups ricotta
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
Preheat oven to 450℉. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces and roll each out into a circle on a floured surface.
- In a large bowl combine onions, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, dill, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice.
- Divide ricotta mixture evenly between dough circles, keeping the to one side.
- Fold dough over filing and use your fingers to pinch and crimp the edges together.
- Place dough pockets on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes on the bottom rack until dough is puffed and golden.
- Serving Size: 1 pocket
- Calories: 480
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 46 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 23 g
- Sodium Content: 1200 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g