My salad secret: add fresh herbs. They add a pop of flavor and freshness to a simple green salad. And this is my go-to mix that complements and meal, any time of the year.
For the best flavor, use a great quality extra virgin olive oil, we love Colavita.
- Prep Time
- 10 ounces spring mix
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mushrooms, thinly sliced (optional)
- Dried cranberries (optional)
- Toasted nuts (optional)
- Garnish: edible flowers
1. Combine spring mix, basil, and parsley in a large salad bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, evoo, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper.
3. Gently mix half of the dressing into greens. Add more as needed, making sure not to overdress.
4. Garnish with edible flowers, and top with mushrooms, cranberries, or nuts if desired.