- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2-4 ServingsServings
- 4 sheets matzo
- 2 cups chicken broth -- more if needed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- chicken schmaltz or olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ red pepper, diced small
- ½ green pepper, diced small
- 1 cup hard salami, julienne
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, rough chopped
- drizzle of honey
Soak matzo in broth until softened. Drain and combine with the eggs.
In a 10" skillet add the schmaltz or oil and heat. Add onions, peppers, salami and sauté until salami is slightly crisp. Add matzo batter, herbs, salt and pepper. Allow to cook over low heat for 3 - 4 minutes.
Using a metal spatula, turn and continue cooking. When cooked through, invert onto a large dish to remove from pan. Sprinkle with additional fresh herbs and drizzle with honey. Using a large knife, cut into eight wedges and serve.