Ceviche is the perfect starter to any meal, light and easy to prepare with no cooking involved. You will love the flavors in this salmon version.
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red serrano pepper, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe tomato, diced fine
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 pound fresh sushi grade salmon
- 1 small Persian cucumber, diced fine
- 1 avocado, chopped (optional)
- In a large glass or plastic bowl, mix the sugar, salt, and diced chili in the lime juice. Season with pepper and cumin. Stir in the olive oil, garlic, onion, tomato, and cilantro. Gently mix in the salmon, then cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To serve, drain the excess liquid from the salmon, then gently stir in the diced cucumber and if desired avocado chunks, and allow to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.