Instead of the traditional lasagna try salmon and cheese for a creamy, dairy dinner that will be a real hit. Bonus, you can use canned salmon, so you should have most of the ingredients in your pantry.
You can add more herbs or even thawed frozen spinach into the salmon mixture for more flavor and nutrition.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (10½ ounce) can cream of celery soup (98% fat free is good)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans salmon, drained
- ½ cup low fat milk
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles, cooked
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (sliced or shredded)
- ½ pound white American cheese slices
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a pan, sauté onion and garlic in evoo until soft. Remove from heat, stir in soup, salmon, milk and seasonings.
- In a 8x12 pan; layer ½ the noodles, ½ the mozzarella cheese, ½ the salmon mixture and ½ the Processed cheese. Repeat layers.
- Top with parmesan cheese. At this point you can sprinkle more oregano on top, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350℉. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8.