My Grandma Martha's friend Joan is responsible for this luscious recipe. The bourbon aroma and flavor will immediately get the attention of the men at your table.
Create a great hors d'oeuvre platter by pairing Sausage Bites with Cocktail Meatballs.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8Servings
- 2 pounds Grow and Behold sausage or hot dogs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ½ (10-ounce) bag frozen chopped onions or 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place meat in a 9- x 13-inch pan with ketchup, brown sugar, bourbon, onions, and water. Mix well to coat.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40 minutes. Serve with a toothpick in each piece.
Recipe courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Recipes from the Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007).
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.