This Fillet Steak recipe brings back wonderful memories of my father, a”h, who always requested that his steak be “covered in a carpet of garlic.” He loved it and I inherited that love too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 Scotch Fillet (rib eye) steaks
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/2 cup non-dairy creamer
- 2 teaspoons fresh, crushed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon corn starch, disolved in 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1. Combine all marinade ingredients.
2. Place steaks in a baking pan. Pour marinade on top and marinate 5 to 6 hours. Remove meat from the marinade.
3. Heat a grill pan until very hot and add steaks, cooking about 5 minutes per side. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of meat and preferred doneness.
4. Remove steaks from pan and leave to rest for 10 minutes covered with aluminum foil.
1. Melt 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine in a small saucepan.
2. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup non-dairy creamer, 2 teaspoons fresh crushed garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup cold water, and 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley. Whisk until combined.
3. Return pan to heat and keep stirring while mixture comes to a simmer.
4. Remove from heat and reheat when ready to serve. Serve with steaks and a mound of mashed potatoes.
As published in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller (Summer 2012) - Subscribe Now