The tofu in this dish is a real crowd pleaser covered in sesame seeds and crisped up, make extra for snacking. Once you prep the sauce and cook the noodles the dish comes together in a snap.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 package soba noodles or spaghetti
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot chili paste
- ¼ cup black and white sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch of scallions sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli
- 1 ½ cups of edamame
- 1 ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup pasta water
1. Slice tofu to make small tofu nuggets. Place on top of paper towels. Cover with paper towels to drain moisture.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions and reserve about ½ cup of pasta water.
3. Prepare dressing for stir fry by mixing soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and 1 clove garlic crushed and chili paste. Set aside.
4. Dip tofu into sesame seeds. Heat 2 tablespoon evoo in pan and cook tofu for three minutes per side. Set aside on plate. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan and add scallions, garlic, ginger and salt. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and edamame and sauté for another two minutes. Add carrots and cabbage for another minute. Add pasta and 1/2-1 cup cooking liquid and dressing to pan. Cook for one minute. Serve with tofu nuggets placed on top of stir fry noodles.