Everyone loves these dinner in a pouch ideas for no mess no fuss in or out of the house. You can make these over a campfire, on your grill or even in your oven. We like to grill a bunch of chicken breast for other meals while we make this easy dinner.
For convenience, especially if you do take this camping, use the pre shredded hash brown potatoes, otherwise shred your own.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups shredded potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-natural marinara sauce
- Garnish: Red pepper flakes, parsley, cilantro
Preheat grill to medium-low or oven
- Lay out 4 (12-inch) squares of foil.
- Divide the potatoes evenly between each foil square. Layer pepper slices, drizzle with evoo and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the cracked egg. Spoon sauce all around leaving the yolk uncovered.
- Gently fold them into little packets. Place on grill or in oven and cook for 15 minutes. Open one to check that the egg is to your liking, serve everyone their own tinfoil pouch and enjoy.
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 160 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 231 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g