I respect and even crave shakshuka, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Dinner needs to get on the table, be satisfying and healthy, and then on to the next task. Sheet pan dinners fit the bill when you need a quick meal.
To make this meal easier it is best to use a mandoline or the slicer blade of a food processor.
Use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 small Yukon Gold new potatoes, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 red peppers. sliced
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon za’atar
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a sheet pan with evoo.
2. Toss onions, potatoes, zucchini, peppers, and tomatoes with evoo, za’atar, sumac, salt, and pepper. Arrange veggies on sheet pan and roast at 375°F for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally until veggies are beginning to brown.
3. Crack eggs and place on top of veggies. Drizzle sauce over veggies and eggs. Top with cheese and continue baking until eggs are set, about 15 minutes.
4. Serve right from the sheet pan.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.