A fun way to serve the classic Israeli breakfast dish shakshuka is in the form of a spaghetti pie. The spicy tomato sauce, salty feta and creamy eggs combine perfectly with spaghetti. Omit the feta for a dairy free dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 ounces dry spaghetti
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 6 medium eggs
- Garnish: feta cheese, chopped cilantro or parsley
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a springform pan with parchment paper, allowing edges to hang outside the pan.
1. In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes.
2. While pasta is cooking, combine marinara sauce, extra virgin olive oil, cumin, coriander, and crushed red pepper flakes. Drain spaghetti and add the sauce mixture, tossing to coat pasta completely. Gently mix in feta cheese chunks.
3. Pour mixture into prepared pan and using a spoon create small wells on top of pie. Gently pour eggs into wells. Bake for 30 minutes, until eggs are set to your liking. Allow to cool a bit before removing from pan.
4. Serve warm. Garnish with feta and chopped fresh herbs.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.