For this lunch bowl we flavor roasted cauliflower with our favorite Israeli shawarma blend, toss it with chickpeas and put everything over a basic tabbouleh.
Warning: this recipe is very lemony, we love the tang with the shawarma spice, but if you can cut the amount of lemon in half if you prefer.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons evoo
- 2 lemons, zest and juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons shawarma seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup bulgur, cooked
Preheat oven to 425°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower and chickpeas on sheet, drizzle 2 tablespoons evoo, zest and juice of 1 lemon, shawarma seasoning and salt, toss to coat.
- Roast 25 to 30 minutes until tender and browned.
- Meanwhile combine cucumber, tomato, onion, parsley, and bulgur in a medium bowl and toss with remaining zest and juice.
- Divide bulgur mixture into individual bowls, top with cauliflower and chickpeas.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrate Content: 49.4 g
- Fat Content: 9.5 g
- Fiber Content: 14.4 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 935 mg
- Sugar Content: 7.7 g