This is the best of fusion food in action. A little shawarma flavor from Israel, a fish taco from Mexico and an amazing, easy dinner is born.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 fillets sea bass, cod or halibut, skin removed
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 teaspoons Jamie Geller Shawarma
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1. Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. While pan heats up, squeeze lime over fish. Drizzle oil and sprinkle spices over fish, fully coating each side.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of oil into the pan and swirl around to coat. Place fish in pan and sear for 3 minutes on the first side, then flip and sear 2 minutes more. Assemble tacos immediately while fish is still warm.
1. Over an open gas burner, or in a pan over medium-high heat, toast tortillas. Using tongs, carefully slide tortilla over the fire, swirling it around so that it doesn't burn completely. Flip over and repeat on the other side.
OR In a pan, toast each side for 1 to 2 minutes until tortillas are toasted and soft.
2. Place charred tortilla on a plate. Lay cabbage, avocado and radishes on tortilla. Top with fish, pickled shallots, cilantro, tahini, and a handful of baked curly fries.
Baked Curly Fries
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spiralize 2 potatoes; spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spray liberally with cooking spray, or drizzle a few tablespoons of canola on potatoes. Sprinkle salt, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne over top. Toss potatoes until coated with spices. Spread out evenly on baking sheet and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until curly fries are crispy. Serve on top of shawarma tacos.