The best way to make french toast for a crowd is on a sheet pan. No standing over a hot stove making each batch fresh and missing out on the fun, put it all on a sheet pan and serve it hot and fresh for everyone at the same time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 8 slices challah
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- Silan or maple syrup, for serving
- Greek style yogurt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon, if using. Dip challah into mixture and allow to sit in mixture up to 30 minutes.
- Brush a baking sheet with oil and heat in the oven for 10 minutes. Place challah slices on the baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 6 minutes. Flip challah and bake 5 minutes more or until golden brown. bake an additional five minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with silan and/or Greek yogurt.