This recipe is so simple and so versatile. You can use any herbs you have on hand and make 1 piece of salmon if by yourself or a whole side of salmon to feed a crowd. Fresh herbs are filled with vitamins and a great way to add freshness to any meal.
Turning the oven down and slow roasting ensures that the natural fats in the salmon melt slowly into the flesh for a moist and juicy end result.
We kept it real simple, but you can add lemon and/or garlic to the herb mix for an added POP of flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (1 ½ lb) whole salmon fillet (with or without skin)
- 2 cups choice of fresh herbs, Combine your favorites for a bright and brilliant mix: mint, parsley, cilantro, green onion, oregano, dill, basil, tarragon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into medium size spears (or frozen broccoli florets)
Preheat oven to 275℉. Line a sheet pan with parchment.
- Place salmon fillet on one side of the pan.
- Combine herbs, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a food processor blender. Pulse until well combined and coarsely pureed.
- Slather herb mixture over salmon covering it well.
- Scatter broccoli on the other side of the pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast salmon and broccoli in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping broccoli after 10.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 514
- Carbohydrate Content: 36.9 g
- Cholesterol Content: 77 mg
- Fat Content: 22.7 g
- Fiber Content: 3.2 g
- Protein Content: 39.2 g
- Sodium Content: 400 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g