Pasta salad made with broken up spaghetti for a more delicate dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8Servings
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 1 pound can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, seeded, coarse chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- ½ cup coarse chopped olives (any kind)
- 1 small bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 to 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small can chopped mushrooms drained
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Break the raw spaghetti into thirds and cook according to the package directions. Then drain the pasta and rinse with cool water.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, onions, olives, parsley and crumbled cheese. Mix gently to combine.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and pour the dressing over the salad. Mix well but gently. Cover and chill till serving.
You can also add more tomatoes, fresh herbs such as chopped basil or oregano.