There is nothing as comforting as chicken soup. This version brings out the flavors of Asia with soy sauce, lots of garlic and ginger and rice noodles. Set it up in your slow cooker and a piping hot bowl of soup awaits.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups broth with chicken and mushrooms over ½ ounce noodles and bok choy
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 ounce dried mushrooms, shiitake or oyster
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (use more if you really like ginger)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 chili pepper, cut in half (optional)
- 8 cups chicken broth or half water
- Salt to taste
- 4 ounces thin brown rice noodles, soaked
- 1 bunch bok choy, sliced
- Garnish: mung bean sprouts, shredded carrots, crispy garlic chips (buy these or fry thin slices in oil), toasted sesame seeds, chopped green onion
Preheat slow cooker to low.
- Coat bottom of slow cooker with sesame oil. Add chicken thighs, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, chili if using and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or high for 2-3.
- Remove chicken thighs and remove meat from bones, shred.
- Set out bowls for serving. Fill each bowl with soaked noodles, bok choy and shredded chicken. Ladle over 2 cups broth. Garnish as desired and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 2 cups broth with chicken and mushrooms over ½ ounce noodles and bok choy
- Calories: 404
- Carbohydrate Content: 33.2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 95 mg
- Fat Content: 20.2 g
- Fiber Content: 2.4 g
- Protein Content: 23.6 g
- Sodium Content: 927 mg