Warm and welcoming, a slow cooker chock full of chili is a great addition to any buffet. Get your guests to customize their bowls of chili by adding bowls of garnishes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 +Servings
- 1 (3-pound) pot roast
- 2 large red onions, diced
- 3 red peppers, diced
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotles, from canned chipotles
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnishes for buffet: thinly sliced scallions, diced tomatoes, tortilla chips, chopped olives, sliced jalapeños
1. Preheat slow cooker to high.
2. Add pot roast, onions, peppers, garlic, chipotles, cumin, tomatoes, and chicken broth. Cover and cook for 6 hours or until pot roast is falling apart.
3. Pull pot roast with 2 forks to shred meat into chunks, and add meat back to slow cooker with beans. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 1 hour until beans and sauce are hot.
4. Display garnishes in bowls with slow cooker and allow guests to customize their chili.