Slow cooking food enhances all flavors without any hard work, which makes it a convenient and optimal way to make delicious, full-flavored family meals. Throw in the ingredients in the morning and come home to an aromatic kitchen and ready dinner. If you do not have a slow cooker, you can cook this recipe in a 220 °F oven for 6 to 8 hours in a tightly sealed baking pan.
This classic chicken dinner has only a few ingredients that should already be in your pantry, sweet and tangy, you will love it.
Related: Slow Cooker Dinners for Busy Nights
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 chicken, cut into quarters
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup brown sugar or honey
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon dried
- Pinch of black pepper
- Sugar snap peas or snow peas
- Toasted sesame seeds, for topping
1. Combine all ingredients (except sugar snap peas or snow peas) in slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
2. A half hour before serving, add sugar snap peas or snow peas to slow cooker on top of the chicken and cook until ready to serve. Alternatively, you can quickly steam them in the microwave.
3. Top chicken with toasted sesame seeds when serving. Serve with rice or noodles.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.