Cucumber and smoked salmon play center stage in this sandwich with just the right sauce to dazzle it up.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- One large rustic baguette halved and sliced in half
- One package good quality smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 2 cucumber, skin on, finely sliced lengthwise
For the sauce
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 3 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tbs sour cream
- 2 tbs fresh dill finely chopped.
For the sauce, stir the sugar, and vinegar together in a small bowl until the vinegar dissolves. Whisk in the mustard, oil, and sour cream till smooth. Add in fresh dill. Set aside.
For the rusks.
Lightly toast the bread till firm, but not hard. Butter generously. Lay the salmon on the bread followed buy cucumbers, garnish with sauce and extra dill if desired.
Photos by: Photoli Photography by Andrea Brownstein - www.photoli.net