Sour cream and buttermilk add tang and lift to these fluffy pecan pancakes. Enjoy for a Sunday brunch for friends or family.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12-15 pancakesServings
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- ⅛ cup butter for griddle
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Combine dry ingredients except for pecans, mix well and set aside.
- Beat eggs and combine with the wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, mix only until incorporated.
- Heat griddle to 375℉, or moderately high heat, until a drop of water sizzles and disappears within two or three seconds.
- Brush the griddle lightly with butter, and ladle out pancakes. Stud pancakes with pecans.
- Flip only when bubbles have appeared on the top.
- Serve with maple syrup or your favorite topping.