- Prep Time
- 8 - 10 servings ServingsServings
- 5 lbs:red potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups:mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon:Dijon mustard
- juice of 1:lime
- 1 to 2 medium:tomato, chopped
- 1/2 medium:red onion, finely chopped
- 2 scallions,:chopped
- 2 tablespoons:chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 medium:jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon:cayenne pepper
- In a large stock pot cook the potatoes until they are tender, then drain and cool them.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lime juice, tomato, red onion, scallion, cilantro, jalapeno and cayenne and mix well.
- Add warm potatoes and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours for the flavors to blend.
- Serves 8 to 10
This potato salad looks and tastes delicious. I also leave the skins on the potatoes for extra color.