Shakshuka is one of our favorite quick Israeli meals, we love any time of day. This version is spiced up with harissa for quick and easy flavor and just a bit of heat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2-3 teaspoons Jamie Geller Harissa
- 5 eggs
1. In a medium saute pan bring olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and peppers and cook until soft. Add tomatoes and stir well. Add harissa powder and salt and pepper and stir again.
2. Using the back of a spoon make a well in the sauce and gently crack an egg into the well. Repeat with remaining eggs. Cook for a few minutes more then cover to finish cooking the egg to your desired doneness. Sprinkle with extra harissa for garnish.