You can use your favorite marinara sauce in place of the homemade roasted garlic tomato sauce listed here, for a quicker and just as yummy option.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 16 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1½ cups defrosted spinach
- Roasted garlic tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Roasted garlic tomato sauce
- 4 heads garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole or crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black peppers
1. Combine spinach, ricotta, egg, salt and pepper. Place a large spoonful on each lasagna noodle and roll it up, repeat with remaining rolls. Place half of sauce on bottom of a 9x13-inch tray.
2. Top with spinach rolls. Top spinach rolls with remaining sauce. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
3. Bake for 25 minutes.
Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Slice off tops of 4 heads of garlic. Place each head of garlic on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle garlic with 1 teaspoon oil per head. Seal foil and bake for thirty minutes.
3. Allow to cool and pop out garlic cloves. Blend roasted garlic cloves with whole tomatoes. Add chopped fresh basil.
4. Store in fridge until ready to serve.