This soup screams spring with a mix of all the best vegetables. It’s a low-calorie, high-nutrient dish you can really enjoy.
Make a big batch on Sunday and have a quick healthy meal all week long.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ⅔ cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small serrano chile, charred, seeds removed and coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- ⅓ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- ⅓ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Heat evoo in a large soup pot over medium heat.
2. Sauté onion until just soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and sauté until just fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add zucchini and sauté 1 minute more.
5. Add corn, peas, cilantro, chile, and spinach.
6. Cover with water and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
7. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.
8. Continue to simmer for a few minutes adding more water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
9. Season to taste with salt.
10. Top with a dollop of yogurt and pumpkin seeds just before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Meals in Minutes, by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010) - BUY NOW
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 39 mg
- Sugar Content: 35 g