These sweet, spicy, crunchy, savory cauliflower wings are addicting but vegetarian and healthier than their chicken wing inspiration.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
For the cauliflower tempura:
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- 1 cup Kikkoman® Tempura Batter Mix
- 1 tablespoons Kikkoman® Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- ¾ cup ice-cold water
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
For the sauce:
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman® Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Pour oil into a large pot or deep fryer. Heat oil to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tempura batter mix, sriracha and water until blended. Pat cauliflower dry with paper towels. Fry in small batches of 4 to 5 pieces, dipping 1 piece at a time into batter and carefully sliding into hot oil. Deep-fry 2 to 4 minutes until cooked and light golden brown, turning pieces over once. Remove; drain on prepared paper towel lined sheet pan. Skim off cooked batter pieces from oil between batches.
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, whisk honey, sriracha, sesame oil and butter until sauce is smooth.
- Toss freshly fried cauliflower with sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds.