- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 Starkrimson pears, peeled, cored and wedged
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Walnut to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a round pan with 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Brush pear wedges with lemon juice and arrange in the bottom of pan.
- Combine flour with baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat remaining butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and milk in alternating order slowly, beating over low speed after each addition.
- Spoon batter evenly over pears in pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes before inverting over serving platter.
- Decorate with walnut and serve. Serves 8.