Instead of going out and paying a fortune for a delicious steak dinner, make it at home. Buy the best quality meat you can find and just know you are paying much less than you would for it at the restaurant and cook it quickly and easily to perfection. I got you.
Serve with Pommes Frites for the perfect date night. Pommes frites means fried potatoes in French, doesn't it sound so much fancier?
This type of preparation is called “à la minute”, meaning right away when you order it. Make sure to open up a nice bottle of red too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 (8-ounce) bone-in or 2(6-ounce) boneless rib-eye steaks
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 4 tablespoons red wine
- ½ cup beef broth
1. Season steaks with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan, heat oil over high heat. Place steaks in the pan and sear for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Transfer steaks to 2 dinner plates and cover with foil to keep warm.
2. Add shallots and red wine to the pan; cook for 1 minute. Stir in broth and continue cooking for about 4 minutes, or until sauce is reduced by half.
Pour sauce over steaks and serve with Pommes Frites.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)