Turkey stuffed with savory mushrooms and spinach will step up your dinner game. A quick prep time makes these an easy pick for dinner tonight.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and drained well
- 2 boneless, skinless turkey breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons matzoh meal
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (evoo) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 4 minutes, or until slightly softened.
2. Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté 5 to 7 minutes more, or until tender
3. Stir in spinach and cook 2 minutes; cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Working with one turkey breast at a time, carefully slice horizontally through the middle, without cutting all the way through, to make a large pocket in the center.
5. In a large bowl, combine mushroom and spinach mixture with egg, matzoh meal, parsley, salt, and pepper flakes; stir to combine.
6. Divide mixture evenly between each turkey breast and stuff to fill the pocket.
7. Heat remaining 3 tablespoons evoo in a large dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Sear turkey breasts for 3 to 5 minutes per side until lightly browned.
8. Carefully add broth; cover and transfer to preheated oven. Cook 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
9. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting each breast into 8 slices.