Because I Iove corn, here’s my take on Summer Corn Salad. I never get tired of corn, year round, but summer seems the best time for this sunny veggie. Here I go again -- adding G-d’s gift of avocado to a dish, but this time it’s got a new flavor profile once you toss in chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) and cilantro.
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 4 ears yellow corn, or 3 cups frozen defrosted
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (15-ounce)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, or ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
1. If using fresh corn, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook corn for 2 minutes or just until bright yellow. Remove and cool completely. Carefully cut kernels off the cob and place in a large bowl.
2. Add garbanzo beans, tomato, avocado, green onion, lime juice, olive oil and salt. Stir to combine. Can be served room temperature or chilled.
3. Can be made 2 days in advance but without avocado – add right before serving to prevent browning.