Walnut confetti quinoa salad is the perfect summer dish to bring on picnics or take for lunch. Hearty, satisfying and delicious.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons California Walnut Oil
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels, cut from fresh corn or from frozen
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, each halved
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted California English Walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 Combine water and quinoa in 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil.
2 Cover, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
3 In large bowl, whisk together walnut oil, lemon juice, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper.
4 Add cooked quinoa and remaining ingredients; toss to blend. Makes 8 side dish servings.
California Walnut Board