Spice up a simple fruit salad with this ginger-infused dressing – an invigorating twist that your
family will love!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (from 4 limes)
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 small lemon)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (from about 8 limes)
- ¼ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ small ripe honeydew melon, seeds and rind removed, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 pint blueberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
Reduce: Combine lime zest, ginger, lemon juice, cinnamon and cardamom in a small bowl; set aside. Combine lime juice, sugar and salt in a small, heavy, nonreactive saucepan over high heat. Simmer until syrupy and honey-colored, about 15 minutes–mixture should be reduced to ¼ cup. Remove pan from heat and add ginger mixture. Steep for 2 minutes and strain.
Assemble: Combine fruit in a medium bowl and pour warm strained dressing over fruit; toss to coat. Sprinkle chopped crystallized ginger over fruit. Serve immediately at room temperature or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours. Serve chilled.
Serving Option: For an elegant brunch option, serve individual portions spooned over Greek yogurt in parfait glasses.