This is a great summer all-in-one dinner. I often make it for Shabbat dinner when I don't have time to do a lot of cooking. I always keep a big stock of this Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing and it is perfect for this salad, but you can also simply mix mayo 1:1 with salsa for a basic Mexican style dressing.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) package veggie ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground chili pepper (more if you like spicy)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like spicy)
- 2 Romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack and/or sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ bag tortilla chips, crushed
- 3 tablespoons Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing
1 In a heavy skillet add olive oil and sautee onion.
2 Add veggie ground beef, cumin, chili pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
3 Sauté until mixed, remove from heat and cool.
4 In a large bowl add romaine lettuce, kidney beans, tomatoes, veggie ground beef mixture, avocado and chips or serve in a tortilla bowl.
5 Toss well and serve with cheese and dressing on the side for everyone to top their own.