This sushi-inspired dish comes together so easily and can be prepped in advance. You can even purchase a 1-pound container of sushi rice from your local sushi spot and re-warm before serving. Prep time does not include refrigerator time.
- Prep Time
- 2 cups of uncooked sushi rice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
Teriyaki-Glazed Salmon Nuggets
- ½ pound salmon fillet
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Cook sushi rice. Once cooked, immediately mix with vinegar and seeds.
2. Transfer rice to a 9- x 13-inch pan and pat down.
3. Place in fridge for 1 to 2 hours until firm.
4. Cut out circles using a cookie cutter (yields about 9 to 12).
5. Top with slices of avocado, teriyaki salmon nuggets, spicy mayo, and chopped green onion.
Tip: If you are in a hurry, you can also scoop out the rice and place on serving spoons and top with the avocado, salmon, spicy mayo, and green onion.
Teriyaki-Glazed Salmon Nuggets:
1. Cut salmon into bite-size pieces. Combine soy sauce, lemon juice, ginger powder, and honey in large bowl.
2. Marinate salmon pieces and bake uncovered on 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
1. Combine above ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tip: For an even spicier mayo, add a bit more hot sauce to suit your taste.