These latkes are mini-sized and baked making them cute and crispy. Serve with proposed applesauce and sour “cream” recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 servings (16 mini latkes) ServingsServings
- 1 large sweet potato (or yam), peeled and then coarsely grated
- 1 parsnip, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooked sweet potato (or yam)
- 1 tablespoons low fat non-dairy milk or water
- Cooking oil spray
- Tofu Sour Cream & Chives
1. Boil a small sweet potato or yam and mash with fork and set aside • Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius)
2. In a large mixing bowl, place grated raw sweet potato and parsnip. Add flour, baking soda, sea salt, and black pepper and three tablespoons of the mashed sweet potato. Stir to combine. Add the non-dairy milk or water.
Using the baking sheet:
3. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray baking sheet lightly with cooking oil spray (so the latkes do not stick). Scoop up a rounded tablespoon of the latke mixture and form it into a ball with your hands. Flatten slightly to create a little patty. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden on one side. Flip the latkes gently. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve warm, topped with either tofu sour cream and chives or applesauce.