Yup, that's right! Nachos for dessert. Okay, so these nachos don’t have any cheese on them but the fried won ton wrappers, powdered sugar, drizzled honey and apricot preserves certainly make up for it.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 6 ounce won ton wrappers around 40 wrappers
- 4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- whipped cream
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high to 350 degrees F. Use a candy thermometer to keep track of the temperature. It should take 10-15 minutes for the oil to heat up.
2. Slice won ton wrappers on a diagonal to create triangle shapes.
3. When the oil is hot, drop a small handful of won ton wrappers at a time into the oil and use a large slotted spoon to separate them. Cook the wrappers for 2 minutes on each side, until beginning to brown.
4. Using the slotted spoon, remove the won ton wrappers from the oil and place them on paper towels to drain.
5. Once the won tons have cooled slightly, sprinkle with half of the sifted powdered sugar, stir with your hands to coat then sprinkle with the rest of the sugar.
5. Place the won tons on a large platter and drizzle with honey. Melt the apricot preserves in the microwave for 15 seconds and drizzle over the won tons as well. Sprinkle with the chopped fresh apricots and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
6. You can make the fried won ton wrappers a few days ahead. You should probably hide them though, otherwise you just might eat them all before dessert!