This soup will cook much faster if you cut your vegetables small, but if you have the time feel free to leave them large as you will be pureeing it anyway.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (1-quart) container vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
Za’atar Gluten Free Cracker Croutons
- 16 Gluten Free Crackers
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon Jamie Geller Za'atar
1. Heat olive oil in a medium stockpot over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté onions until translucent, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add sweet potatoes, carrots, cumin, salt and pepper and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add Manischewitz All Natural Vegetable Broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Remove from heat and using an immersion or standing blender carefully puree soup until smooth and creamy or to desired consistency.
6. Mix in coconut milk and return to heat to heat through.
7. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
8. Serve warm with Za’atar Gluten Free Cracker Croutons.
For Za’atar Gluten Free Cracker Croutons:
1. Place crackers in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with za’atar.
3. Broil on low for about 90 seconds.