We love kale salad in all forms, but this one is gorgeous and colorful and can even be made into a full lunch.
To make this into a filling lunch, we suggest topping with leftover grilled chicken, fish, tofu or a poached egg.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Salad and Dressing Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 bunch kale, chopped (about 4 to 5 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Peel sweet potato and cut it into 1-inch cubes. Toss cubes with olive oil, thyme, and a pinch
each of salt and pepper. Spread on prepared baking sheet and roast at 400°F for about 35
minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and thyme.
4. Pour half the dressing over the kale and massage with hands.
5. Top kale with warm roasted sweet potato and toasted almonds.
6. Drizzle additional dressing on top, to taste
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 108 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g