Sweet potatoes and ginger - you'll never go back to plain old white potatoes again!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound (2-3 medium sized) sweet potatoes
- 1 piece peeled, grated fresh ginger or 2 tablespoons minced or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk (soy milk works well)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons sugar (I used raw sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Shred potatoes, add chopped ginger and stir.
2. Combine other ingredients and add to potatoes. Toss together until mixed.
3. Drop ¼ cup (½ cup if you want cutlet-sized latkes) batter into hot oil and you know the rest of the drill for latkes.
Michelle Cheslow, a friend