Crispy sweet potato latkes are a super variation on the standard. Try some at Chanukah or any time you need are great side dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 20 latkesServings
- 1 pound, sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Stir together potatoes, scallions, flour, eggs, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a deep, 12-inch non-stick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
3. Working in batches of 4, spoon 1/8 cup potato mixture per latke into oil and flatten to 3-inch diameter with a slotted spatula.
4. Reduce heat to moderate and cook until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer latkes with spatula to paper towels to drain.
Delicious served with Caramel Applesauce