Ginger and sour cream sauce take these sweet potato laktes (which are a treat in and of themselves) to the next level. A must for your next Channukka party!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 latkesServings
- 2.2 pounds sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and diced
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 egg
- 5 Dorot crushed ginger cubes
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
1. Cook sweet potato on a medium heat for approximately 10 minutes until softened and then drain and peel.
2. Mash sweet potato until a puree is formed, then add egg, Dorot crushed ginger cubes, flour and salt & pepper and mix thoroughly until uniform. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for ½ hour.
3. Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and form into latkes.
4. Heat the butter in a large frying pan and fry each latke for approximately 3 minutes each side and then remove from the pan.
1. In a small bowl, mix sour cream with chives and then season with salt & pepper.
2. Place a spoon of sour cream mixture onto a plate and place latkes on top and serve.