Sweet Potato Soup is a delicious soup for fall or any time of year.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cups of sweet potato chunks (peeled and chunked)
- ½ cup Vidalia (sweet) onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup roasted pepitas or pine nuts*, for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and sweet potatoes and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Remove sweet potatoes from water.
3. Add onions, and boil for 10 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and onions to blender with 4 cups water, and blend.
4. Add grated nutmeg.
*Roast pumpkin seeds (pepitas) or pine nuts by placing in a 350°F oven on a baking tray for five minutes, keeping an eye on the ingredients so they don’t burn.