Sweet Potato Tahini with Silan is a modern twist on traditional tahini dip.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 cupsServings
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons tahini paste
- ½ cup Toffuti sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1½ teaspoons silan (date syrup)
- 1 teaspoon mixed black and white sesame seeds (or just white, if you don’t have black)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the sweet potatoes out on a medium-sized baking tray, pour the olive oil over the potatoes, and sprinkle with cinnamon and salt. Mix well, and cover the tray tightly with tinfoil. Roast the potatoes for 70 minutes, stirring once during baking.
2. Remove from the oven and let cool.
3. Transfer the cooled sweet potatoes to the bowl of a food proces-sor, along with the tahini, sour cream, and garlic. Roughly pulse so that everything is combined into a coarse paste – you don’t want it too smooth.
4. To serve, spread the sweet potato in a wavy pattern over a flat plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds, a drizzle of syrup, and finish with chopped cilantro.
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW