Serve this sweet quinoa as breakfast or a sweet healthy snack. Loaded with dried fruits and earthy cinnamon, this treat is healthy, filling and delicious.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ⅓ cup Water
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed to remove bitterness
- 2 cups Water
- ½ cup coarsely chopped toasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup coarsely chopped toasted and skinned hazelnuts
1 In a medium saucepan, combine the water, sugar, cranberries, apricots, and cherries. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, put the quinoa, water, salt and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, then cover the pan, leaving it slightly ajar so that it doesn’t boil over.
3 Cook until you can see the spiral shape germ in the tiny grains, about 15 minutes. Fluff with work and pour fruit sugar mixtures over top, mix in, then top with toasted nuts.