The perfect foil for the buttery fish is a semi-bitter leafy side. I always have a bunch or two of Swiss hard in my fridge. It is versatile, healthy and very quick cooking. Cook chard for just a few minutes in a pan with good evoo and it is done!
Serve with Pan Basted Halibut with Smoky Brown Butter.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches Swiss chard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- ½ cup chopped, pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt
- Freshly carcked black pepper
1. Strip the chard leaves off the stems and rough chop. Slice stems into ½-inch pieces (I sliced mine on a bias because it looks cooler that way!)
2. Lightly coat the pan you used for cooking fish with evoo, and place over medium-high heat.
3. Add garlic and shallots to the pan and stir for 1 minute. Add crushed red pepper, chard leaves stems, olives, and wine. Stir together until chard has wilted. Season with salt and pepper and serve.